Saturday September 10, 2016
Highland Dancers from across the United States will be competing at this year's festival. This event is sanctioned by the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing.
Competitors will be competing in the following dances:
- 16 Pas de Basques
- PdB & Highcuts
- Sword Challenge
- Village Maid
- Blue Bonnets
Competitions are divided into the following levels:
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m.
Competition begins at 10:00 a.m. and will continue all day Saturday.
Please print out and mail to:
- Anne Martin
933 Ironwood Drive
Carmel, IN 46033
2015 Trophy Winners
|Beginner 13 and under||Julianna Argentine, Zionsville, IN|
|Beginner 14 and over||Lauren Kolenko, Beavercreek, OH|
|Novice||MacKenna Leonard, London, ONT, Canada|
|Intermediate||Ashlynn MacKinnon, Cincinnati, OH|
|Premiere 14 and under||Breagh MacKinnon, Cincinnati, OH|
|Premiere 15 and over||Jessica Craig, East Lansing, MI|
|Most Promising Dancer||Mikayla Brewer, St Peters, MO|
|Joyce Deddins Award||Breagh MacKinnon, Cincinnati, OH|
|Novice Sword Challenge||MacKenna Leonard, London, ONT, Canada|
- This event is governed by SOBHD rules. The judge’s decision is final.
- Registration for Primary, Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Premier dancers will be at 9:30 and dancing to begin at 10:00. We will begin with the Highland dances, followed by the Novice Sword Challenge. After completion of these we will have a lunch break until 1 PM. The National dance competition will begin at 1 PM, followed by the awards ceremony.
- Passes will not be mailed. The competitor’s gate will have a list of entered dancers for free admittance. Family members do pay admission.
- Age groups are determined by the Dance Committee prior to the competition based upon the number of dancers entered in each category as of the closing date. We will try to have an adult age division when possible. No field entries allowed. First to enter will be last to dance, except last minute move ups.
Medals for all groups. Trophies to all but Primary. Cash awards for premiers: Group 1: $40, $20, $10; Group 2: $50, $30, $20
- Indiana honors daylight savings time.
- One dollar of every entry is donated to FUSTA Midwest to support programs.
- Novice Sword Challenge will be the final morning event. Any novice dancer will be eligible to compete.
Email Anne at: firstname.lastname@example.org until September 1, 2016